Frequently Asked Questions about Heroes Health
We’re here to help answer your questions about the Heroes Health Initiative. Search some frequently asked questions below, or send us an email.
Joining the Heroes Health Initiative
Heroes Health is completely free to first responders, healthcare workers, and the organizations they serve.
- First, open the Heroes Health application on your phone and select “Sign In”.
- At the bottom of the next screen, select “Sign up”.
- You’ll receive a verification code from email@example.com to the email address you provided in Step 4. (If you don’t see this email, you may want to check your Spam or Junk folders). Open this email, copy the code, and paste it into the app.
- Now, create a 4-digit passcode to protect your app data.
- Finally, answer three brief screening questions. If eligible, review the consent form. Joining Heroes Health is completely voluntary; if you decide to join after reviewing the consent form, you can click “Agree” at the bottom of your screen. Otherwise, you can select “Disagree” and uninstall the Heroes Health app from your smart device.
- Be kind to yourself during this challenging time.
- Encourage those close to you to practice self care.
Please feel free to explore our list of mental health resources, including crisis counseling, teletherapy, and apps, many of which are open to all people regardless of occupation.
If you have the financial means to contribute, we are also accepting monetary donations, which allow us to expand Heroes Health to more healthcare systems.
- First, open the Heroes Health app.
- Sign in using the email address and password you provided.
- Click “Resend Verification Code”. A new code will be sent to the email you used when you signed up for Heroes Health.
- After signing into the Heroes Health app, select the three horizontal bars from the upper-left corner of the main page.
- Select “My Account”
- Adjust the settings for push notifications and study reminders to fit your needs.
- First, open the Heroes Health app and select “Sign in”.
- On the following page, select “Forgot password?”.
- Next, enter the email that you used to register for Heroes Health. A temporary password will be sent to this email address, which you can enter in the “Sign in” screen within 48 hours. (If your temporary password expires, you can request a new one by re-selecting “Forgot password?” on the “Sign in” screen.)
For your security, the Heroes Health app will prompt you to create a new password.
Leaving the Heroes Health Initiative
We’re sorry to see you go! To leave the Heroes Health Initiative, you can click “Leave Study” under the Resources tab or simply delete the Heroes Health app from your smart device.
Please note that the Heroes Health Initiative will keep any data that shared during the time that you were participating.
Heroes Health will remain available to healthcare workers and first responders for the duration of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Couldn’t find your question? Let us know and we’ll be happy to help you!